SCHOOL BOARD DISTRICT 2
Bill was born and raised in Fort Wayne, IN. He graduated from Snider High School and Indiana University in Bloomington with a degree in Public Affairs Management and a minor in Economics.
His father, Carl, taught 9th grade biology in the Fort Wayne Community School (FWCS) system for 35 years and was very active in organizing and judging science fairs throughout the city. His mother, Jane, was a librarian and a substitute teacher for FWCS for many years. She spent the last 20 years of her career as the librarian for Bishop Luers High School and organized yearly book drives for the American Association of University Women (AAUW). Bill’s parents put all three of their kids through Indiana University and taught them the value of education and service to their community.
Bill's sister, Pam, has taught in FWCS, Hamilton Southeastern Schools, and currently teaches kindergarten in Zionsville. His brother Michael, like Bill, went to work in the private sector after college. He has served as an IT Project Manager with the Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) Office of Medicaid Policy and Planning (OMPP) Fiscal Agent contractor for the past 15 years.
Where Bill Has Volunteered:
- Shortly after college, he served as board member for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Coshocton County Ohio and also served as a Big Brother
- Volunteered on a weekly basis for five years at Mary E Castle Elementary School as a math tutor and teacher's aid
- Past president, treasurer and board member for the Crossroads Kiwanis club (now Kiwanis Club of Lawrence) for fifteen years
- Coach/pitcher for the Allisonville Youth Baseball Challenge league for physically and mentally challenged kids for 5 years
- Westfield Youth Soccer Association (WYSA) coach for 2 years
- Westfield Youth Sports (WYSI) coach - coached basketball, baseball, and football for the past 8 years as well as served as treasurer for travel baseball
- Westfield Middle School Football opponent scout for the 7th and 8th grade football teams
- Westfield Student Impact basketball coach for two years